In the United States, our human food programs, the groceries readily available, the quick pick up and fast food easily obtained are heavily populated with foods that are unhealthy and lead to the development of disease and autoimmune problems.
We saw the terrible toll of overall poor health in the wake of the recent pandemic. Individuals who had high levels of inflammation were especially hard hit.
The tide is starting to turn. SLOWLY. There are now more conversations being had, and articles being written. Here are two examples:
I recently read an interesting article on CNN health, Following criticism, FDA proposes redesign of its human food program.
This follows in the footsteps of the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health which was held on September 28, 2022, which I virtually attended.
In reading the above article, these words lept off of the page, “As I look at the 10-year horizon.”
The theme I kept hearing over and over again at the conference was 8 years out, 10 years out…
I love that these topics are being discussed, and believe all who are participating just like me want to effect change. We know that there are some very real problems in the system and that unhealthy foods are readily available here in the United States. Much more plentiful and available than the healthy products.
Much cheaper than healthy foods.
We know so many are desperately ill and are being instructed to make diet changes. We know that change needs to happen to the definitions of ‘healthy food’ on packaging.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DESPERATE FOR HELP NOW?
These people, who are valuable and who matter RIGHT NOW need solutions today, not in 8 to 10 years. Not only this, but in 8 to 10 years how many more will be in chronic ill health?
According to autoimmune.org, in the article, How Can We Curb the Autoimmune Epidemic? New Paper Suggests a Path Forward;
“The evolving autoimmune epidemic will continue to have increasingly devastating impacts on those affected, their families and our society unless we focus much more attention and research into the causes, better diagnostics, and improved treatments and prevention,” said Dr. Miller.
Research links the increase to changes in diet; environmental exposures to pesticides, pollutants, drugs and other chemicals; increased obesity; sleep deprivation; stress; air pollution and the overall impacts of climate change. Those who are debilitated by autoimmune disease are all too aware of the catastrophic personal and professional impacts that chronic autoimmunity entails, and the devastation that care partners also encounter when assisting their loved one on their medical journey.”
This article goes on to talk about the need to clarify what is an autoimmune disease. Again, more talk. And then more talk. And then more talk.
Stop the talk. Action is needed.
There are two important parts needed to make an impact right now: Education and Clean Food products.
I, and my company, Grain Free Mama’s are on a mission to provide REAL HELP NOW.
(1) Our on-demand online course, Sustainable Clean Eating Made Simple is available now, as well as the pre-release Food Breakthrough workbook and recipe book. The greatest changes in health are achieved through diet. The lie we have been fed is that it is too hard to change. Not true. There is no magic pill we can take that will neutralize or reverse the damage we are causing ourselves if we are still feeding ourselves toxic foods 3 times a day. We also have many articles, videos and recipes on our website to walk alongside our customers to give real tangible support.
(2) Our Crepe and Pizza Crust Baking Mixes provide low inflammatory, moist, delicious healthy alternatives for baked goods. Anything you can make in a sandwich you can put in a savory crepe. Quick & Easy dessert crepes can be filled with fruit for a delicious satisfying treat or dessert. Love Pizza? We do too! Our pizza crust is delicious, and again, is satisfying without overeating.
The solution is found in making changes TODAY. Tomorrow never comes, but we can DO what we can, WHERE we are, with WHAT we have. Making help available to any and all who want it.
How can you help?
- Partner with us to make a tangible real difference.
- Share this post so more can see it and become part of the solution.
- Sign up for our course, Sustainable Clean Eating made Simple.
- Start eating our baking mixes.
- Share your ideas with us so that we can reach more people with the tools to effect change in their own lives and health.
- Contact me to explore investing in Grain Free Mama’s (We are in process of our first capital raise).
When I was young I saw the image of a drop of water hitting a larger body of water and the ripple effect that happens. That image has never left me.
Grain Free Mama’s has dropped the drop of water.